Received this from a friend. Read the letter below before watching the video.
I was Executive Director of the Institute for Burn Medicine for San Diego and Imperial Counties when we lived in California . Besides raising the money to establish a Burn Treatment Center at the University Hospital there, I conducted extensive public education campaigns in Burn Prevention.
A friend recently sent me the attached short video – and like an old fire horse, I heard the bell ring and am rushing to send this excellent prevention piece to each of you. It is well worth watching! And it could save your life.
This is very stunning – please read first and then watch the very short clip.
I never realized that a wet dishcloth can be a one size fits all lid to cover a fire in a pan!
This is a dramatic video (30-second, very short) about how to deal with a common kitchen fire ….oil in a frying pan. Read the following introduction, then watch the show. It’s a real eye opener!
At the Fire Fighting Training school they would demonstrate this with a deep fat fryer set on the fire field. An instructor would don a fire suit and using an 8 oz cup at the end of a 10-foot pole to toss water onto the grease fire.
The results got the attention of the students The water, being heavier than oil, sinks to the bottom where it instantly becomes superheated.
The explosive force of the steam blows the burning oil up and out. On the open field, it became a thirty foot high fireball that resembled a nuclear blast.
Inside the confines of a kitchen, the fire ball hits the ceiling and fills the entire room. Also, do not throw sugar or flour on a grease fire. One cup of either creates the explosive force of two sticks of dynamite.
This is a powerful message—-watch the video and don’t forget what you see.
Tell your whole family about this video. Or better yet, send this to them.